Since many days I am getting complaint about sudden change in behaviour of Flowerhorn from its owner. Initially I thought its happening due to sudden change in environment of tank or weather. But when I cross examine the owner than I found one common reason for all Flower horn fish diseases.
The frequent questions are arises, they are –
- My Flower horn fish is not active
- My Flower horn fish not eating
- Flower horn fish hidden behind filter
- Flower horn fish sitting beside heater
- My Flower horn fish staring up side
- My Flowerhorn fish seems stress
- Flowerhorn fish scratching body
- Flower horn fish doing unusual act
- Flowerhorn yawning
- Flower horn fish not moving
Etc etc …..
These questions are popping up in owners mind. To find the solution they always worried for their favourite pet – Flower horn fish.
This post will help them to reduce their worries for the flower horn fish. Through this post I will guide you HOW TO DO FLOWER HORN CARE? and WHY FLOWER HORN FISH FELL ILL?
So, let understand why Flower horn fish change its behaviour all if sudden? What happen to them suddenly they fell ill? Which medicine will cure them?
Yes, in this post we are going to resolve these questions.
After talking to all flower horn fish owner I found one common reason to this. They all did one similar act that they Flowerhorn change in its behaviour.
The reason is –
“They change the water as I suggested them to change 10%-20% water in week.”
Yes this is main reason for Flower horn fish diseases.
Why water change create problem to Flowerhorn?
- Water change cause change in temperature
- Change in temperature cause eliminating good bacteria and increase in bad bacteria
- Flower horn Fish feel stress because of this
- Increase in stress level
- Leads to eating disorder
- Poor Tank environment causing to Fungus, Itching or Hole in Flower horn Head
Water change is one of the crucial processes. It looks very simple process but a small error can cause to all above flower horn issues and flowerhorn complaints. So in this post I am covering how to change Flowerhorn Aquarium water is mention in below steps-
The entire process is divided into two part
Precaution is need to do maintained the same or improve the aquarium condition so flower horn fish won’t feel any adverse effect. Here we talking about the partial water change like 20% or 30% water change
- Changing the flowerhorn aquarium water
A complete process for aquarium water change for flower horn fish
- Temperature of new water and old water in aquarium should match
- Use fresh water for change only, bore well water may be cause more problem in aquarium tank
- Chlorine of water must removed by adding de-chlorine solution to it. This depends on size of tank and its % of water change
- Balancing the eco-system of tank by adding heater or lights
- Cleaning Filter n Glass
Changing Flowerhorn Aquarium Water
- check the temperature of Flowerhorn aquarium tank with temperature measuring devices and recorded it
- Now take a bucket of water and take estimate water to change from tank in bucket.
- Add aquarium heater and turn to same temperature and kept for 20 mins
- Add De-chlorine solution to water and mix well
- Now remove the water from tank with Siphon slowly
- While this process don’t make flowerhorn scared
- Also remove all waste he made throughout the time
- Once you removed desired water from tank now remove the filter
- Clean the pump of filter, sponge of filter and its other parts
- If you have Biological filter than clean that too
- Now add two spoon aquarium salt to tank
- Check the water temperature kept in bucket
- If it reach to same temperature in tank than remove heater from bucket and reinstall in tank
- Clean the siphon with warm water and now use this to pull water to aquarium tank
- After changing water it look very dilute but through filter it will go away.
- Now add two drop of OceanFree Gill Fungus and Parasite Special
- Turn on the heater
Please check flowerhorn behavior. He might do some unusual turns or show irritation faces. If he do so than you have to judge that there might be something wrong happen when water change.
But not happen anything than you can feed him after twenty mins. And after one hours you start power filter if any you have.
Flower horn fish Aquarium care and maintenance FAQ
- How frequent water can change?
Ans – I suggested 10% water change once a week in day time
- Do I need to clean Biological filter or sponge of filter?
Ans – Yes, you have to
- First step to do if water change goes wrong!!
Ans – The first step when you realize water change goes wrong is to on heater and remove the power filter.
- Any Medicine to prevent the water change disaster
Ans – No.
- When can do complete water change?
Ans – Once in six or three month you can clean entire tank or else when flowerhorn fell ill.
I tried to cover all points which help to prevent any water change disaster. In case any problem arise than do comment on below comment box, Immediately I can do reply via comment.